I am pleased to announce that my latest pattern has now been released on Ravelry.
The Rackham Blanket
You can get it here.
And as a bonus, this is a forever free pattern!
Whenever I’ve made a modular square blanket in the past gravity seemed to always take hold and…. whoosh!… the blanket grew a foot in length!
In this blanket, I’ve devised a clever little trick that reduces that stretch, by playing the garter stitch fabric against itself. *evil laugh*
But even better, the finishing touches are totally customisable. Follow our colour scheme or make up your own, crochet or sew the squares together, knit or crochet a border (or have no border at all), and write or draw whatever you want (or not at all).
This is just a starting point, the final project will be uniquely yours!
- Stylecraft Special DK (100g / 295m)
- 2 x Colour 1 (dark)
- 2 x Colour 2 (medium)
- 1 x Colour 3 (light or white)
- 4.00mm straight knitting needles
- 4.00mm double-pointed needles (DPNs)
- 3.5mm crochet hook (used for seaming and the border)
- Darning Needle
- Selvedge Edge
- Slip Stitch Crochet (to join the squares)
- Scallop Crochet Border (optional)
- I-cord applique (optional)
Gauge: 21 sts x 40 rows over 10cm x 10cm of garter stitch worked flat on 4.00mm needles.
Final Size: 78cm x 78cm
Please share this with anyone you know who would like to make this.
Best wishes, Sam xox
P.S. If you want to receive new articles from us directly into your inbox, then please sign up below.