The very first yarn bouquet I made began in early 2016.

Deciphering what I needed to do, in order to achieve what I wanted, was a slow process.

There was a lot of problem solving.

There was a lot of trial and error.

I didn’t even know if it would work.

The only photos I took went straight on to my Instagram feed.

And I made minimal notes on my Ravelry project page.

The thing is, when you put so much into something, like I did this, you just kind of remember somehow.

Even when I was getting to the end of making the first yarn bouquet, it still didn’t look like much.

It wasn’t until the very final step, when the beads started going on, that I knew it had worked.

Endless hours of frustration, and sometimes wavering belief, and it all came together in the end.

And luckily, because it was made from materials that will last, I can take as many photos of it now as I want…

I’ve since created a shawl pin, and a smaller 6″ version of the yarn bouquet, and written up an eBook of both which is available from Yarn Bouquet.


Leave a Reply

Avatar placeholder

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *